3.08.2011

100th post!

I've been wanting to blog all week but I've not really had anything especially witty to say and no finished objects to show off. I didn't want to post my 100th without at least having a picture or two to share.

So I finished Kevin's Christopher hat last night. I started it sometime last week but I'm not sure on the exact date...probably when I finished my helix socks but I restarted it a few times because I didn't trust the pattern. The whole time I was knitting it I was sure that the hat was going to be way to big. It just seemed so dang huge. I actually stopped knitting about an inch before the pattern called for it. It's not too short but that extra inch wouldn't have hurt anything.

Red Side.


Blue side.


I knit it with Knit Picks wool of the andes in New England Patriot colors. Just in time for there not to be any football next season! Not to mention that it's been in the 50s for the past two weeks so we're past hat season. But it's extremely cozy and Kevin is really happy with it. I expect him to wear it constantly next winter.

I also started a pair of Jaywalkers with some Opal Harry Potter yarn that my dear friend Manda gave me...oh ages ago. I thought it was about time I actually knit something with yarn in my stash. The pattern is ridiculously easy, but the yarn is pretty crazy and it's hard to see the zig zags. I'll keep it going for awhile just to see how it turns out. I've never really used a self striping yarn before but so far I'm not really seeing any stripes.

In other news, I've discovered that I like mangos.

1 comment: