1.30.2011

Honey Cowl Finished



Honey Cowl is finished. I used the two skeins of Malabrigo Silky Merino that my Future Sister In Law gave me for Christmas. The two colorways played well together I think. I alternated them every two rows. I actually used a bit more of the lighter blue but for some reason have more of it left. That's a little odd as the skeins should've been the same yardage.

Either way, the cowl is oh so soft and I own shirts in pretty much every color that shows up in it so I can wear it with just about anything. Hopefully this warm spell will pass over soon so I can actually wear it. It took a little longer to make than I wanted, mostly because I assumed row 4 was the exact same as row 2 and it's not so I had to start over when I was already about 3-4" in.



I believe the socks are next up on my list. The cowl was a very simple knit and I need something to work my brain a bit before casting on for an all knit hat or really long ribbed scarf.

Oh! And I finished it in January! I started it and finished it in the same month! Score one point for averaging one finished project per month! 

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks pretty! I like the colors. Quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can see why you made so many! It was a fun little knit and the result is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I need to break down and try some Malabrigo...I keep seeing all sorts of beautiful projects that use it! Gorgeous cowl, m'dear :)

    ReplyDelete