1.25.2010

Free yarn!

There are few things I love more than getting free yarn. My lovely boyfriend gave me a $25 gift certificate to the Loopy Ewe for my birthday on Thursday. I just picked out what I wanted and I'm pretty excited about my purchase.

I got a hank of Cherry Tree Hill Fingering Semi-solid in Cherry (on sale for $12! w00t!) and a hank of Malabrigo lace in Taureg.

I'm definitely thinking I may make a Citron with the Malabrigo. That blue is just gorgeous and I think I'd just look smashing with it next to my face with my blue eyes and red hair. Not sure what I'll do with the Cherry Tree Hill. Maybe a pair of Monkeys? That would be awfully fun. I just couldn't pass it up at that price and I don't have any red yarn to speak of.

I also recently purchased some Malabrigo worsted from the Loopy Ewe. I'll post pictures of that as soon as I wind it into balls. Still no ball winder thanks to Joanne's website being ultra stupid. Grr. 

I did knit a fair amount on Manda's scarf last night while watching the new Star Trek movie. I knit through the whole thing, only taking a brief break for cake. I still didn't get entirely through the hood portion but at least it was progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment