8.27.2010

Nutkin Pt 1



So the Nutkins are coming along swimmingly! I'm really loving this pattern. I love that it's simple and easy to memorize. I don't have any problems putting it down and then picking it back up again. I can always tell where I am in the pattern. I love it when stitches are easy to read like that. I love the red color of this yarn. It makes me think of candy apples and cherries and suckers. I love the fact that I've knit this much of the first so and I've been working on it for less than a week. It took me like 3 months to do this much of the Hedera's. I think I'm discovering more of my pattern preferences when it comes to knitting. I really don't dig complicated patterns that require concentration. I don't like yoing after purling. I like simple patterns with minor interesting details in them to keep them from being a total stockinette snoozefest. But just a few details so I can still watch Psych and Project Runway without messing things up.

The only thing I wasn't a big fan of was the folding over of the cuff and knitting it together. I'm not exactly sure what the point of that was.

Anyway, yay! I'm knitting again!

2 comments:

  1. What yarn are you using? It is beautiful and good job on those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Cherry Tree Hill semi solid sock yarn. I find it very similar to Dream in Color Smooshy. I got it for a steal when it was on clearance at the Loopy Ewe but last time I checked they didn't have anymore.:(

    ReplyDelete