10.14.2009

Spring Forward!


So I haven't finished the mate of my first sock. In fact I haven't even started. The thought of doing one more sock solely in stockinette was just a bit too much to bear and I want to make pretty socks! And I've got that lovely cake of Dream in Color Smooshy just itching to be turned into a pair of squishy, comfy, pretty socks.

So I'm working on a pair of Spring Forward. The pattern is fun and more interesting than just stockinette but not so complicated that I get lost in it. The lace is easy to memorize and I can read my knitting with it to tell where I am. The color of my yarn and the pattern are just made for one another too. See?

Obviously I still need to work on the photography thing. Or the lighting thing. The lighting in my apartment stinks.

I still haven't finished the hat I was working on. I was itching to try more socks. Have another hat on the needles too for a friend's baby but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be too large. I'm not very good at guesstimating baby head sizes.

Another photo to showcase the stitch pattern. So far I haven't screwed up yet (that I can tell). *knocks on wood*

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain--the lighting in my apartment sucks too :(

    Love the Spring Forward sock! I want to try a pair of Monkeys myself, but I have too many other things I want to make first! ;D

    I love your blog, by the way--its fun to see another new knitter going through the same things as me! Now I know I'm not alone :)

    (P.S. I posted as "Cinemarella" below, asking about the dpns--decided I should probably use a knitting-related name :D TOO MANY BLOGS, AHHH!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a terrible time with lighting in the apartment also. But the new socks looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete